Our farmers care deeply about their land, and harvesting coffee beans with pride and dignity. All of our farmers are members of FECCEG, who own 100% of Kishé Foods. So in reality, Kishé is 100% farmer-owned through the farmers' cooperative FECCEG. FECCEG is composed of 8 member organizations, shown in the map to the left.
Some facts about our farmers:
- 1/3 of our producers are women.
- Each family of producers has around 5-9 members with 1 hectare of land for each family.
- 70% of our families heavily depend on their agriculture to survive
- The majority of our producers have only received primary education
- They mostly come from indigenous communities such as Mam, Quiché, Popti, Ixil and Kachiquel.
- One of our farming communities was internally displaced by the civil war. Most of our producers were affected in some way.